Welcome to our SARDIS SEARCH webpage and the 2019-2020 School Year!!! We're glad you've come to visit our site and check out all of the great things happening in our classroom!
Please bear with us and we continue to rebuild our teacher/classroom site (our old version-through Hall County was deleted...(sigh)). We see this as a place for students, parents, other teachers or educators to see the happenings of Sardis SEARCH, observe our learning, access various resources and communicate about all things related to Sardis SEARCH!
If you were unable to join us for our Sardis SEARCH Parent Meeting on Monday, August 19th, we missed you! Feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions about our upcoming year or SEARCH in general. Please look through the information we shared in our powerpoint below (saved as a pdf below) to learn more about what we do in the SEARCH room each week!
As we go throughout the year we will post information, pictures, videos and resources here on our site. Be sure to check back often to see the latest additions!
Let's Explore Learning Together!!!
|File Size:||5861 kb|
The SEARCH program for the Gifted at Sardis Enrichment School is an interdisciplinary enrichment pullout model. Students in 1st-5th grade will meet one full day each week. This allows all qualified gifted students to receive maximum segments per week. The rigorous curriculum emphasizes creative and critical thinking skills, problem solving, research and communication, as defined by the State’s core competencies for gifted students. Each class is co-taught by Mrs. Allen & Mrs. Fawcett.
*Here are Our Goals for the year:
1. To teach creative and productive thinking.
2. To improve research and discussion skills.
3. To enrich and enhance academic knowledge/Georgia Standards of Excellence.
4. To create and facilitate an environment in which gifted children can learn and work cooperatively with their
5. To promote the use of higher order thinking skills.
6. To utilize and promote 21st century technology in the classroom.
7. To integrate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) tasks.
8. To support Hall County Literacy Initiative 2019-2020
*If you ever need to contact us, we are all about COMMUNICATION!
We are always available through email and/or phone. Please know that our classroom door is always open. Please be sure to check here on our website throughout the year for pictures, information, videos and to see what we are up to!